Release notes for SDS2 software version 2022i :
* The SDS2 major version has been added to the Toolbox installer name for clarity (i.e. SDS2Toolbox2022_ZemanExport_r99.exe)
* IFC import does a better job of choosing which imported material is the main material for a member.
* New fail message "Invalid bolt column edge distance". This fail message replaces the fail message "Invalid bolt edge distance" when the edge distance that is being checked is the column edge distance.
* Fixed SDS2 startup problem when version 2022i was installed on a computer that has no previous SDS2 installations.
* An IFC export issue where custom properties included in the ifc were exporting non-length numbers as lengths in the default units of the project.
* Beam-to-beam shear plate connections are designed correctly when "Cope on connections that extend past flange" option is checked inside the "Shear Plate Settings" screen.
* An issue which could require the home screen to be closed and reopened to be able to open settings windows after adding a standard piecemark to settings.
* An error that occurred when a tying load was added to a column splice connection.
* An issue freezing when designing a moment connection to a column flange that required flange stiffeners in a Canadian design job.
* The notch radius for an HSS brace with a paddle plate connection. The notch radius was previously based on the gusset thickness rather than the paddle plate thickness.
* Hatch Add Select Polygon would error if ran in certain station types. This tool has been disabled for the following stations: Model, Model Review, Fabricating, Estimodeling and Site Planning.
* An issue where EVU Cleanup Edit Several would not update the drawing until you exited the drawing and then re-opened.
* A beam to wide flange column web moment connection, plate to column web welds, the weld tail text is changed to "NO WELD WITHIN 2 X WELD SIZE OF TOE OF FLANGE".
* Geometry checks were added for shear tab connections to check if the "Vertical to 1st hole" and "Top of plate" values allow for a valid connection considering edge distances, clearance with beam flange/k area, and copes. Previously, these values were allowed to be locked or set to values that resulted in connections with improper edge distances, material clashes, or material located off of the members.
* The page number references that appear on design reports for CISC 11th edition.
* Bolt prying force check, SDS2 calculates the correct tributary length and follows the max tributary length requirement for different design codes.
Release notes for SDS2 software version 2022 :
* The following connection will fail with 0.0 user input loads: Beam connection with 0.0 user input shear; Beam moment connection with 0.0 user input moment; Brace connection with 0.0 user input tension.
* For beams framing into a cruciform column using a moment shear tab connection, the web doubler and column flange stiffener options can be turned off, generating a system connection.
* Rod vertical bracing with 1 rod with a clevis at each end has been added. Previously, rod vertical bracing always required at least 2 rods and 1 turnbuckle. The member edit entry "Number of rods" was changed to "Number of turnbuckles". Additional fail checks were added for invalid rod bracing locked values.
* Single angle welded-welded clip angle and single angle welded-welded flush framed clip angle connections have been added. Previously welded-welded clip angle connections were only allowed with double angle configurations.
* We now show the unity ratio calculation and a comparison to a max unity on the expanded calculations. This is shown within each calculation for a limit state.
* The Strumis Bimreview export plugin will now automatically append a sheet revision to a drawing file. Previously drawing sheet revisions were not taken into account when exporting assembly data.
* The Tekla EPM XML Export tool no longer exists. The new Tekla PowerFab tool replaces it.
* API and toolbox licenses will always be checked out based on the station type being ran so that borrow for offline use will include automatically.
* License error message layout has been improved.
* Licensing for SDS2 programs is now internet-based and is administered in the cloud.
* A new selection filter has been added for Material Operations.
* Material Operations are now saved on Flat Plate Layout, Bent Plate Layout, Turned Solid, Turned Shell, Reference Material, and Reference Profile Layout Material.
* Fit operations that are only graphical and not saved as MaterialOperations on material types which cannot regenerate their own polygons: Standard Part, Void, and Concrete.
* Left-to-right selection of partial Material Operations is now possible in modeling.
* By user request, the layout command's round corners check box and radius values will be remembered for any layout style command while in the same modeling session.
* Contextual ribbon pages have been updated for SDS2 v2022 programs.
* Default contextual page for material operations has been added to the default contextual pages in both Modeling and Assembly Editor.
* Ribbons have been updated for SDS2 v2022 programs.
* The last set state of the XYZ offset's coordinate toggle between global and view based coordinates is now remembered for the current session.
* The plotting command has been moved to its own large icon on the export tab of the home screen.
* SDS2 home screen license expiration message has been changed to show the the time left on a borrow if a borrowed license is in use or the time till the license will expire if not borrowed.
* In the SDS2 .Net API, MemberBrief.Grade now returns null for member types which don't use the built-in member grade property.
* Added the ability to examine custom property schemas from the .Net API.
* Girts with Cold Formed Channel main material may now have cap plates.
* A shear tab with a compression load but no tension load was using the wrong load calculation to check the tab's rupture strength in AISC 13th, 14th, and 15th edition jobs. It now uses load calculation 203 instead of load calculation 21.
* A user defined connection of a beam to column bolted moment connection with top and bottom flange plates will now transfer any locks on the flange plates to the connection.
* Adjusted flush framed welded-welded clip angle connections to properly place angles and knife plate. The previous connections had placed the angles and knife plate approximately 4' above the joist.
* An API bug where vertical braces appeared to have 4 ends has been fixed.
* Enabled joist connections to columns to extend past joist depth. These connections previously failed with the message "Connection will not fit in beam."
* For build-up shear plate connections, SDS2 will create shop weld correctly between the shear plate and the OSL plate.
* For the convert of SDS2 jobs from v2021.3 to v2022.0, any deleted user defined connection entries will no longer be converted.
* The bolt tension strength in prying action calculation has been corrected.
* The erection hole is located correctly for column splice connection with web plates (2 or more column bolts).
* The location of cap plate bolts was incorrect in some cases. This has been fixed.
* Updated the calculation printouts to provide the "Design summary" of the connection instead of the "Input summary." Providing the same connection summary as shown on the "Summary" tab on a member edit window.
* User defined connections with lockables set for stiffener plates on a shear tab will now properly transfer the locked items to the connection.
* When a beam to HSS (or pipe) column "Input connection type" was set to splice plate, the designed connection would default to a shear tab attached to the face of the HSS with stability plates placed inside the HSS column. This release prevents the stability plates from getting placed with the system designed modified connection type.
* Removed a deprecation warning about groove radius when doing an SDS2 Full Transfer.
* STEP import now properly handles long piecemarks.
* The Zeman Beam Assembler Export tool could occasional place certain plates incorrectly when viewed in Zeman ProFit. This has been fixed in the latest version of the tool, which can be downloaded from the Toolbox area of www.sds2.com.
* API2 programs will prompt you to log in again if a valid license cannot be acquired.
* Contingency license will only be granted to users that lose internet or cannot access the license website if they have had a valid online license recently.
* Fixed individual license item checkout to allow local checkouts when appropriate.
* Fixed problems creating a contingency license.
* Selecting "Cancel" on the file browse window when you "Save license log" will no longer cause an error.
* Using a contingency license will no longer require the user to close all SDS2 windows.
* Material Operations button is no longer displayed on the Bolt Edit dialog for non-material bolts.
* Modifying the ABM ID will now update the Advanced mill # in the BOM layout when that member is re-detailed. A new field in the material edit window was added to display the ABM ID separately from the page and line numbers.
* The Material Operations contextual pages was removed from the list of Detail Erection View contextuals, since it does not currently apply to this environment.
* Connection Cube details on sheets will now plot with the sheet.
* Connection Cube details that are marked 'Detail Complete' will now be rejected from redetailing.
* Connection Cube Generate Report will now skip unsupported member types (eg. miscellaneous and custom) when performing design calculations.
* The Connection Cube Report U3D feature has been amended to work more appropriately when using metric units.
* Unused members are no longer considered for calculations when running Connection Cube Edit > "Generate Report."
* The Toolbox ribbon page is now populated by toolbox items in the data directory's plugin/Toolbox/ directory. The manifest file is no longer used.
* For Stair Detailing with templates, adjusted comparison tolerance to allow NamedLocation points to be emitted when expected.
* Repaired properties for sloping hole groups when detailing members using templates.
* Addressed the cause of alert "Invalid filter type" when attempting to import a custom filter in the Drawing Editor.
* An issue where the escape key would not clear a running command after the command was started has been addressed.
* Corrected an issue with Light mode where the Bill of Material Editor did not show visible lines separating the cells of the editor.
* Fixed a bug in the Transmittal tool that prevented the user from opening Setup for Full Transfer.
* Fixed an issue where not all commands would disable the find command search bar while the original command was running.
* Fixed code that would fail and cause slowing down when switching to Connection Cube filtering of model tree.
* Rearranging icons in the pinned sections of the quick access bar is now possible when SDS2 programs have hidden a command not valid for the current station. Rearranging the pinned icons in this state will resave the icons with the hidden commands being removed.
* Riser closure plates, beam ridge plates, stair connections, and surfaces connections now appear as options in the find command.
* The ABM report icon in Modeling will follow the User and Site Option for size on quick access.
* The SDS2 2022 Start Menu has been updated to move non-SDS2 program shortcuts to a Resources folder.
* The values for "Total length" and "Dimension added to corner fillet radius" in Moment plate design settings now correctly load the stored values that users entered.
* When "OK" is clicked in the Isolate Material options window, the window now closes.
* For column to column connections in auto standard setup, changes to the 'Inner flange plate' setting will now persist.
* Corrected the design calculation printout to no longer print the Moment load under the Design loads or the Factored loads when the connection is a non moment connection. Also if the connection is non moment and there is a moment load shown on the member edit screen this load will include the designation (N/A) when printed in the Input Summary table.
* Fixed an issue with 3 point wide flange vertical braces placed web horizontal with flange plates. For the framing situation where the gusset is attached to the supporting member with welded/welded clip angles. During the checking of "Clip angle OSL stress" the values for tension and compression on the 3 braces were being used incorrectly inside of the load calc.
* Load calculation 358 now uses the proper units for Total weld length (in), Normal load (kip/in), Moment load (kip/in), Shear load (kip/in) and Allowable weld load (kip/in)
* Amended job-conversion to properly create missing 'point_cloud' folder.
* Fixed member edit image for the inner flange plates of a column splice connection.
* The Approval Tool Icon will now correctly show in the quick access bar's pinned and history sections.
* Added several missing docstrings to .Net API (API2.0) documentation.
* Changed the moment arm used in load calcs 25, 83, and 395. The moment arm for a connection with flange connection material is now (depth + connection thickness). The moment arm for a connection with flange welds is now (depth - tf).
* Joist with Flush Framed Shear connections are now checked in framing situation, specifically if they frame to the web of a column with a flange connection that needs column web doublers. The reference of the Flush Framed Shear tab is pulled back like a beam with a shear tab.
* The fail message "Cannot erect connection" was previously applied only to beam to beam clip angles with a welded osl. It is now applied to beam to beam clip angles that are shop attached to the supporting beam (bolted or welded) if there is not room above or below the connection for the supported beam.
* For Detail Members, adjusted dimensioning of shear tab connections on beams to accommodate material point dimension holdback.
* For Detail Members, adjusted weld symbol consolidation for system generated connections with beam stiffeners.
* For Detail Members, repaired 'Show chain dimensions between hole groups'.
* SDS2 will no longer attempt to design a web extension plate for a channel beam with a clip angle connection.
* Ensure that Shop bolts and Field bolts can have their bolt diameter set independently.
* The capability to access the -fix_files operation in SDS2 has been re-enabled.