Delete Shape File ( Utility Functions )
- The Delete Shape File utility can be used to delete a shape file from any file folder on your network.
- You might want to do this, for example, because that shape file contains bad information that you do not want to be used on any Jobs.
- If you accidentally delete a shape file using this utility, you may be able to able to replace it with a file of the same name from the conf_mtrl/SDS2 folder.
- Do not delete files maintained in the conf_mtrl/SDS2 folder. That folder, like the various other folders named SDS2 that are maintained in your SDS2 data directory , should serve as a storage place for SDS2 to install back-up files. The conf_mtrl/SDS2 folder is the archival folder for shape files.
- See the step-by-step instructions .
Also see :
- Shape File Management (topic)
- Create New Shape File (option in Shapes Properties )
- Shapes Properties (for editing a shape file)
- Choosing a local shape file (when creating a Job)
- Rename Shape File (to move a shape file)
- Copy Shapes (for editing a shape file)
- Shape File Report (reports the contents of a shape file)
- Shape File Comparison Report (compares two shape files)
page 1 | contents | home > utilities > utility functions > delete >
Step-by-step instructions :
1 . Start up the Delete Shape File utility:
1a : Home > Utilities > Utility Functions > Delete > Delete Shape File . If prompted to do so, enter the " Utility Password " that has been set up for your network.
2 . The Delete Shape File window opens. Enter a file path to the " Shape file " that you want to delete:
Method 1 : Type in the file path that you want (if you know it).
Method 2 : Use the " Browse " button and choose a shape file on the file-selection window. Since shape files are, by default, maintained in the the conf_mtrl folder, the file-selection window initially opens to that folder.
Alternative 1 : Press the " OK " button to go to step 3.
Alternative 2 : Press the " Cancel " button to end this operation. Do not continue.
3 . One of the following happens:
Possibility 1 : A notification window opens. It informs you that the shape file cannot be found. Press the " OK " button and go back to step 2.
Possibility 2 : A notification window opens. It says, " Delete complete ." Press the " OK " button. You have successfully deleted the shape file.
page 1 | contents | home > utilities > utility functions > delete > | top