Shop Bolt Summary by Zone (data from 3D model)
Tool summary :
- Reports, on each line, the quantity of shop bolts of a particular length, diameter, etc. that are needed to fabricate all members that require those shop bolts and are in a particular zone.
- The Shop Bolt Report by Zone provides a listing of all shop bolts in your current Job , with zones listed on separate pages.
- Shown below is a page from a Shop Bolt Summary by Zone .
Since the header of this page says Zone = 1 , all bolts that are listed on this page are for members that are in zone 1. Shop bolts in zone 2 are on page 2 (not shown).
- See columns on the report for an explanation of each of the columns that appear on this report. Also on this page are step-by-step instructions .
Also see :
- Shop bolts ( Bolt Edit window > " Bolt class " )
- Shop Bolt Report by Zone (related report)
- Dividing a Model into Sequences/Zones (topic)
- Zone Names ( Job > Modeling > Zone and Sequence > press " Edit Zone Names " > )
- Bolt designation shown in reports ( Fabricator > Detailing > Bolt Detailing Settings > )
- Reports ( User and Site Options > Output > " Reports " > set report output)
- Report viewer (a good way to output a report)
Columns on the report (also see the example ) :
Sequences and zones: When a member is assigned a sequence, it is also assigned to a zone. Many sequences may be assigned to one zone, but different zones cannot be assigned the same sequence. As a consequence of this, each physical member is in one sequence and in one zone. The Zone and Sequence setup table tells you which sequences are under which zones.
Report Writer: Member.ErectionZone
Line: The number of the line in this report assigned to the group of shop bolts described in that line. All bolts in the same zone that have unique specifications (as defined by their type, diameter, length, washer location) are grouped together on the same line. The zone is noted at the top of each page of the report.
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.DiameterDimension
Type: The material grade of the bolts reported on this line. This column also includes the bolt type if ' Bolt material & type ' is selected for the setup option " Bolt designation shown in reports ."
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.BoltTypeDescription
Length: The distance from the inside of the bolt head to the end of the shaft. The program does not include the head thickness in its calculation of bolt length because head thickness may vary among bolt manufacturers.
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.LengthDimension
Head Washer: The number of washers under the head of the shop bolt and their type ( HD or PL or RPL or FL or BVL or DTI or HLS ). If this cell is left blank, then there is no washer under the head of the shop bolt.
|washer under head|
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.PrimaryHeadWasher.TypeDescription
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.SecondaryHeadWasher.TypeDescription
Nut Washer: The number of washers under the nut of the shop bolt and their type ( HD or PL or RPL or FL or BVL or DTI or HLS ). If this cell is left blank, then there is no washer under the nut of the shop bolt.
|washer under nut|
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Nut.PrimaryNutWasher.TypeDescription
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Nut.SecondaryNutWasher.TypeDescription
TC: Yes or No . If the bolts on this line are TC (Tension Control) bolts, this cell reads 'Yes'. If the bolts are not TC bolts, the cell reads 'No'.
Report Writer: MemberMaterial.Bolt.IsTensionControl
How to output a Shop Bolt Summary by Zone :
A Shop Bolt Summary by Zone is an excellent report to use for ordering the specific bolts needed in the shop to fabricate members that are in a specific zone.
1 . Before output of this report:
1b (optional) : If you want only the steel grade to be listed in this report for the column " Type ," then set the option " Bolt designation shown in reports " to ' Bolt material only '.
2 . Use any one (1) of the following methods to begin printing this report:
Method 1 : Home > Reports > System Reports > Shop Bolts > Shop Bolt Summary by Zone .
Method 2 : Click the Shop Bolt Summary by Zone icon. The icon can be taken from the group named ' Reports ' and placed on a toolbar (classic) or the ribbon (lightning). Ribbon configuration is done using Customize Interface .
Alternative 1 : Press the " OK " button to output the report. Go to step 4.
Alternative 2 : Press " Cancel " to end this operation without generating the report. Do not continue.
4 . The Shop Bolt Summary by Zone is output to the device/ location that you designated.
Note: If you output the report to the report viewer (" Screen "), you can now review the report on screen, then optionally print it or output it to disk (see report viewer ).