The Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes setup window ( Fabricator Settings )
- Bar stock sizes (such as FL1x1-0 where 1 is the bar thickness and 1-0 is the bar width) must be entered to the list on the Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes window in order for flat bar to be applied to the design of beam stiffeners and single-plate shear connections or end plate connections or for back-up bars for welded moment connections or for material plate washers .
- If connection design substitutes a flat from this list for a rectangular plate, the material's piecemark is assigned a flat bar " Piecemark Prefix " from Member and Material Piecemarking . Also, the material is given a flat bar " Description ," which is applied to the member bill of material during auto detailing . However, the material continues to be editable as a Rectangular Plate in Modeling . The same steel grade is applied whether or not a substitution is made.
- If adequately sized material is not found on the Preferred Flat Bar Sizes list, connection design calculates the size of plate required and uses that size instead. For flat bar "end plate" connections, connection design does not use the Home > Project Settings > Fabricator > Standard Fabricator Connections > End Plate Settings > " Horizontal edge distance ," but instead uses the minimum edge distance at rolled edges from the third column of Table J3.4 or Table J3.4M (p16.1-107) in the ASD/LRFD 13th edition , or from equivalent tables for other design codes .
- Regardless of the choice made in Project Settings to " Force flat bar description to use smaller of length & width ", the program will look at both the " Material width " and the " Material length " of a flat bar when it is first added as a material or miscellaneous member to see if one of those values plus the " Material Thickness " match a listing on the Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes window (this window). If there is a listing that matches, that listing is used as the flat bar's " Description ."
- See the step-by-step instructions .
Also see :
- Flat bar (type of material you can enter to this window's list)
- End plate (may be designed with bar stock)
- Single-plate shear (may be designed with bar stock)
- Force flat bar description to use smaller of length & width ( Fab Setup > Mem & Material Piecemarking > the " Submaterial " tab > )
- Create solids for back-up bars in modeling ( Home > Project Settings > Job > Moment Plate Design Settings > )
- Minimum thickness (flats less than this not used for shear plates)
- Text entry widgets (moving from cell to cell and within cells)
- XXXXX . BarStockFoundForPlate ( Report Writer )
- BarStockFoundForPlate (parametric model module)
Step-by-step instructions :
Method 1 : Home > Project Settings > Fabricator > Standard Fabricator Connections > Preferred Connection Material Sizes > Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes .
Password protection: If a password has been set using the Change Setup Password utility, you can open this window only if you first enter that exact password.
2 . The Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes window opens. Follow the instructions on the table below to make as many changes to this list as you see fit, then go to step 3. Validation only allows entries of flat bars to this list.
|Editing the Preferred Flat Bar Sizes list|
|To change a flat bar listing:||Double-click to select the previous entry, press Backspace , then type a flat bar section (e.g., FL1x1-0 ).|
|To add a new flat bar:||Click in the first empty cell so that a cursor appears, then type a flat bar section.|
|To delete a flat bar from the list:||Double-click to select the previous entry, then press Backspace .|
|To move from cell to cell on this list, you can press Tab or Shift + Tab as well as point and click.|
"OK" (or the Enter key) closes the Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes window and saves the sections listed on it to the current Fabricator that is currently loaded in your current Job . To change to a different Fabricator , Home > press "fabname" > double-click the Fabricator you want.
Note: If you want changes to this window applied to particular members, you can Process Selected Members then Process and Create Solids . Or you can Mark Members for Processing then Process and Create Solids .
"Cancel" (or the Esc key or the button) closes this window without saving any changes made to it.
"Reset" undoes all changes made since you first opened this window. The Preferrred Flat Bar Sizes window remains open so that you can go back to step 2 and make the changes that you want to the list.