Force to System Connections ( Home & Modeling & Drawing Editor )
Tool summary :
- Lists members in the model that have forced connections. Select on the list those members that you want to have system connections.
- Member types whose connections can be changed from force to system are beams , columns , vertical braces , horizontal braces and joists .
- As a result of changing Force to System Connections , you can see -- on member edit windows -- end connections changed as follows:
forced connection. system connection.
Also see :
- " Force to System Connections " does not unlock ( ) connection design locks that have been locked ( ). To do that, you can " Unlock Connection Design Locks ."
- Member.LeftEnd.MoreEnd.Settings.ForceConnection (report writer)
Step-by-step instructions :
1 . Do any of the following to invoke Force to System Connections :
Method 1 : Home > Utilities > Utility Functions > Change Options > Force to System Connections .
Method 4, 5 & 6 : Force to System Connections can also be configured to be invoked using a keyboard shortcut , the context menu , or a mode . For the lightning interface, this configuration is done using Customize Interface .
2 . A selection dialog opens. On it are listed all members in your current Project that have a forced connection on either their left or right end or both ends. Since you cannot perform this operation on members that have their " Model complete date " set or whose edit windows are set to " Lock end ", such members do not appear on the list. Each member is listed by its member number [num] and piecemark.
When you press " OK ," the forced connections of the selected members will be set to system connections (" Force ") .
2a (optional) : Note that a " Print " button is available on this dialog so that you can print the shown list of members with forced connections. To list all members with forced connections, you can " Show All ."
2b : Select the member(s) you want to no longer have forced connections, then press " OK ."
3 . All connections on the members you selected in the previous step are no longer set to be forced. In other words, the " Connection " check boxes that were set to " Force " are now set to " Force ." The members are automatically marked for processing . During Process and Create Solids ( F5 ), the connections will be redesigned.
Note: Until you Process & Create Solids , the changes you have made only apply to the edit windows of the members you selected in step 2b, not to the solids models of those members. After Process & Create Solids , the actual solids of the selected members will be up to date.