Material Summary by Zone ( Select by Detail or Select by Sheet )
Tool summary :
- One of two material reports by zone. Both output the materials required for fabrication of selected members. For one report, you select "by Sheet." For the other, you select "by Detail."
- If you select by sheet, the report provides material counts for only those members on the sheet for which " List in bill of material " is checked. Data in the report originates from the member bill of material.
- Different zones appear on different pages in the report. The following could be an example either report:
The page shown here lists only those materials that are from zone 2. Materials from zone 1 are listed on page 1. Each page reports the quantity of materials that are required to fabricate the selected members that are in the particular zone listed at the top of the page.
- The last page of the report shows the "Total weight for job," which tallies the weight of all members selected to be included in the report. Also in the report (on the final page of each zone) is the total number of shop bolts required to fabricate the members included in that zone.
- See columns on the report for an explanation of each of the columns that appear on this report. This page also provides step-by-step instructions .
Also see :
- Shop bill weight based on ( Fabricator > Detailing > General Presentation > )
- Hide Items (optional for Material Summary by Zone, Select by Detail )
- Dividing a Model into Sequences/Zones (topic)
- Zone Names ( Job > Zone and Sequence > press " Edit Zone Names " > )
- List in bill of material ( Drawing Editor > Edit S heet Items )
- Reports ( User and Site Options > Output > " Reports " > set report output)
- Report viewer (a good way to output a report)
Columns on the report (also see the example ):
Line: The number of the line in this report that is assigned to the group of materials described in the line. Materials in a line share the same piecemark and the same zone. The zone is reported at the top of each page.
Quan: The total quantity of this material that is required to fabricate all of the members you selected (by sheet or by detail) that are in the zone reported at the top of the page.
Please note that materials in different zones may have the same piecemark when " Break submaterial marks apart by sequence " or " Break submaterial marks apart by zone " is not checked. In other words, a material may be listed in more than one zone on this report.
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.TotalQuantity
Material: The section size that conventionally describes the material in the " Description " column of a submaterial line on the member bill of material.
|Section naming conventions : || wide flange || W tee || channel || angle || tube || S_shape || S tee || plate || flat bar |||
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.Description
Length: The length of each of the pieces of material described on this line.
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.LengthDimension
Piecemark: The minor mark submaterial mark of the materials described on this line.
This same material may be a submaterial of more than one member and also may appear in other zones.
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.MinorMark
Weight: The total weight of the pieces of material with this piecemark that are in this zone (in pounds or kilograms , depending on the primary dimension " Units ").
How bill weight is calculated depends on whether the choice made to the setup option " Shop bill weight based on " is ' Volume ' or ' Length '.
Note: The total weight is shown for each zone on the last page of that zone. At the end of the report is the "Total weight for job," which tallies the weight of all materials from all zones included in the report.
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.TotalWeight
Spec: The steel grade of the materials described on this line.
Report Writer: BillOfMaterial.Grade
How to output a Material Summary by Zone :
A Material Summary by Zone report can be used to ensure that the materials required for fabrication of selected members in particular zones are in stock and available for fabrication.
1 . Before output of this report:
1b : If you are selecting members by sheet for inclusion on this report, then member details must have been placed onto detail sheets. Also be aware that the report counts the materials of those members on the sheet for which " List in bill of material " is checked. This means that if the same member is on the same sheet twice and " List in bill of material " is checked for both members, the report doubles the material count -- which is probably not what you want. The report also doubles material counts if a member is on two selected sheets and " List in bill of material " is checked for both.
1c (optional) : Edit Bill can be used to edit information that will be compiled into this report.
2 . Use any one (1) of the following methods to begin output of this report:
Method 1 : Home > Reports > System Reports > Material > Material Summary by Zone, Select by Detail or Material Summary by Zone, Select by Sheet.
Method 2 : Click one of the icons, which are pictured above. The icons can be taken from the group named ' Reports ' and placed on a toolbar (classic) or the ribbon (lightning). Ribbon configuration is done using Customize Interface .
Method 3 : If " Modeling layout style " or " Drawing Editor layout style " is ' Classic ', you can use the menu system to choose Reports > Material Summary > Material Summary by Zone, Select by Detail or Reports > Material Summary > Material Summary by Zone, Select by Sheet .
3 . A selection dialog opens. On it is a selection list of either all member details or all detail sheets in your current Job. For member details, the default selection list includes only those details that are up to date and therefore not marked for detailing . Tip: If you are selecting by sheets, you can use a Sheet List by Sheet as a guide to selecting those sheets which have particular members on them.
|" Hide ... " and " Show All " are available only if you are selecting by detail. Press the button under " Destination " to output the report to a device or location other than that which is set by User and Site Options > Output > " Reports ."|
Alternative 1 : Select the details/sheets you want the report to be based on, then press " OK " to output the report as described in step 4.
Alternative 2 : Press " Cancel " to end this operation without generating the report. Do not continue.
4 . The Material Summary by Zone is output.
Note: If you output the report to the report viewer (" Screen "), you can now review the report on screen then optionally print it or output it to disk (see report viewer ).